Skip to main content

1.1 Walk a Little Slower....

1.1 Walk a Little Slower….


1. Loud reading of the poem.


(a)The child is talking to its father.

(b) The father is leading and the child is following.
     
(c) Someday the child will become a father. 
                         
(d) The child does not wish to fall while following its father .

2. Find and write pairs of rhyming words

from the poem. 

(Words that appear at the end of the line.)


 small-fall,    see-me,   be-me,   true-you

3. The meanings of the words in the

following pairs show that they are related


Daddy/father - child
follow - lead

Find five more pairs of related words -

Examples:  
Teacher - Student
Doctor - patient
Give - Take 
Live - Die
Easy - Hard 
Before - After 

4. The child in the poem requests his father to walk slower.

Here, the poet implies that the child wants to understand

his father’s actions better.

The child would like to act the same way but wants

the father to be more understanding of the child’s needs.


What is implied in the following lines?

(a) Sometimes, your steps are fast...
    This line suggests that sometimes the father takes very
quick decisions and actions.
(b) Sometimes your steps are hard to see...
   This line implies that sometimes the actions of the father are
not noticed by the child.
(c) I would want to lead just right...
This line implies that the child does not want to make any
mistake while guiding its own child in future.

 (d) And know that I was true.
This line implies that the child wants to make sure that
its has given its child the right guidance.

5. Using your own ideas, frame three sentences
that show continuous action.


Example: You are leading me.

  1.  I am learning English.
  2. I am following you.
  3. You are working now.


6. Using your own ideas, frame at least three

sentences that show future action or state.Examples:

Who’ll (who will) want to follow me.
When I’m all grown up...
  1. Kirti will get the admission.
  2. I will see you tomorrow.
  3. She will write all the answers.

7. Discuss the following and write the summary

of your discussion in the form of bullet points.

    (a) How are certain ideas/customs/knowledge
        passed on from one generation to the next?

  • Through parental teaching
  • Often the children follow the habits and manners of their elders.
  • Not only parents but other elders also help children to learn mannerism.
  •  Parents train their children to behave in a particular manner.
  • Through stories and myths of one’s culture and traditions.
  
    (b) Is it necessary for children to follow the footsteps
of their forefathers? 
             If yes, why? Why is it sometimes necessary to change the old ways?
  • Yes, It is necessary for children to follow the footsteps of their
    forefathers because one gets to learn from their experience.
  • One becomes familiar with the way and style of doing the things.
  • People usually pass their knowledge to the next generation.
  • One I will not repeat the mistakes, Which their older generation made.

8. Do you have a role model? What qualities do you

appreciate in your role model?


     -Yes, my father is my role model.
      He has many good qualities like – perseverance, hard-working, fearless, humble, 
      goal oriented, inspiring, supportive and trustworthy.
      He is always supportive and a source of inspiration for me.

9. Think of an occasion when you did not like the

decision/actions of your family members but realized

later on that they were right. Write about it in 5-8 lines.Answer:

I got average marks, but still, I wanted to get
 a semi English class. My parents tried to
 tell me the effects of it, but I was not
 in the mood to listen to them.
 Finally, they admitted me to a semi English class.
But when the actual study started it was very difficult
 for me to cope up with the studies of
science and Mathematics.





  • See more References
Video 01

Video 02


Video 03



Video 04



Video 05





Comments

Popular posts from this blog